Whether you are new to the convention world or a veteran, there are a few things that you should keep in mind while you go and nerd out with fellow con-goers. We don’t expect you to follow these tips or you have some of your own but these are good things to keep in mind!
1. Keep hydrated. Now this may sound very simple but while you are running around the convention center, taking pictures, buying merchandise, etc. you might forget to drink anything. Same goes for keeping yourself full as well. Nothing is worse than being dehydrated and hungry while waiting in the long lines. Make sure to bring a backpack and fill it with little snacks and a bottle of water.
2. Carry a small bag. Going along with number one, you need a bag in order to carry your snacks and your drinks. It’s especially essential just in case you buy small items and the seller doesn’t have a bag to give you. We know carrying a bag is a hassle but if you think about it, you’ll probably end up buying a bag anyway at the convention.
3. Small sewing kit. You never know if your cosplay is going to rip or tear and it is always good to have something for a quick fix. Also, if you make your own costumes it is always important to make sure that your costume stays together. Who knows, maybe someone steps on it and rips it. Granted you would have to sew it by hand but it’s better than having a ripped costume.
4. Money. This one is obvious. In order to buy any cosplay, merchandise, or any food at the convention, you need to have money with you. Credit cards are okay too but most places might not have an ATM machine for you to retrieve your money. Be sure to keep extra for food, hotel, and any other expenses you might need. Like your mother always said, “Don’t spend it all in one place!”.
5. Lastly, you want to have fun. What is a convention without a little fun? Forget the drama, forget that test that you have the next day; well don’t forget that but you get the point. Forget all the problems you are having and just relax. Conventions are for fun, they shouldn’t be stressful. Even if your costume didn’t get finished, or that photo shoot didn’t go as well as you had wished, you still need to have a bit of fun.
Either you love them or you hate them but during your journey through the millions of anime that are out there you have to of come across live action versions of anime. Like any other anime there are good ones and then there are the really bad ones. There are many adaptations of anime in live action format. Trouble is though, some of the live action movies about a certain anime tend to leave a lot of the little things. Every movie that was based off of an anime or a manga tend to leave out minor things so they can get right to the plot and meat of the story.
So why would you want to watch these movies if they leave out things that you may have deemed important or necessary to the story line? Simple: they are fun to watch. Seriously, who wouldn’t want to see an actual person portraying your favorite character? If they do it right, you could fall more for that anime you love so much. Not only is it fun to watch, they might do their own twists on events that might make you enjoy that more than the anime. Let’s face it, if you’re a huge fan of a particular anime and something didn’t go the way that you expected it to. With live action movies you can possibly see a part in the anime go the way you wanted it to! Isn’t that every anime lover’s dream? So whether you’re an avid fan of anime or not, you might just enjoy the live adaptations of certain anime! Give it a try, you might just be surprised at the results!
Summer is quickly approaching and many of you are excited to break out your cosplays but remember to keep in mind things such as the weather. No one wants to sweat in their cosplay but it’s an unfortunate fact that all cosplayers have to deal with. There are a few cosplays that will keep you cool and we have compiled a list of three cosplays that will keep you from sweating too much in the hot weather!
1. Yoko Littner from Gurren Lagann.
She is a strong type of person and she will definitely keep you cool during the hot summer, especially during August. She is famous for carrying around a giant gun but if you don’t want to be stuck lugging that around conventions or for photo-shoots or if you really don’t want to splurge on the gun, you can just go in her traditional bikini top and shorts.
2. Super Sonico
Who wouldn’t want to cosplay this adorable character? Her costume features a blue jacket, shorts, and a tee-shirt. Definitely summer ready cosplay! You won’t have to worry about the heat getting to you in this cosplay. If you nix the jacket, you definitely are prepared for the summer! You’ll be able to keep cool and look fabulous in this outfit!
3. Sakura Haruno from Naruto
For you Naruto fans out there, this is definitely the cosplay for you. It will keep away the heat due to the fact that it is sleeveless and is accompanied by a pair of shorts. Aside from the gloves you will be able to fight the summer heat as well as some ninjas!
These are the top three cosplays that you should think about wearing during the hot months of summer! They will definitely be a huge hit at your next photo-shoot, anime convention, or just to show off to your friends. Happy cosplaying everyone!
This weekend animenext 2014 was going on and just in case you missed it, we have the scoop for you. Today we are going to talk about anime proposals at cons! It seems to be that there is a lot of convention proposals that happen every year. If you’re a huge fan of anime and you love someone very much it makes sense to propose to them at a convention. Somehow it’s slightly romantic! Think about it: you’re in cosplay and you have the person you love with you. You want to be with this person for the rest of your life and you have the ring already. Why not just propose to them as your favorite characters?
It seems more like a ridiculous thing and sort of far-fetched but trust us when we say that it is romantic. This weekend we were able to see a Levi cosplayer and an Eren cosplayer from the famous Attack On Titan, propose to one another. It was beyond love and extremely sweet. This isn’t the only proposal that has been done at a convention. There have been many conventions where someone has proposed to another person, jokingly or not. It seems to be a trend that is happening in the cosplay community.
Whether or not if you think it’s sweet or even slightly romantic, you might just see it the next time you go to a convention. Be on the look out for people proposing because they might just fulfill your dream of your favorite two characters getting married!
So this one goes out to everyone who is a lover of conventions or people that want to start going to them! The annual convention, animenext is coming up fast and it’s time to get pumped! There are a few things you should keep in mind while attending this convention. The main point is that even though there are a lot of people going, the number one rule is safety! Always remember that your safety is more important above everything else.
Here are a few tips to make your time at Animenext or any convention enjoyable!
1. Bring water. Staying hydrated is definitely something to not take lightly. Especially with the hot weather approaching, you’re going to want to stay as hydrated as possible.
2. Make sure you remember your ID. Now this is important in order to get your badges. Also just in case of emergency you should always bring one just in case.
3. Make sure to remember to wear your badge at all times. No matter what any other con goer says you should always have your badge with you at all times just in case they do a check of who has them or not.
4. Food. Food is definitely important to have in a bag or something due to the prices or the location of where the nearest restaurant is.
5. Comfortable shoes! This one is important if you’re going to be walking around a lot throughout the convention. You should have the insoles that make your feet hurt less as well just for precaution.
6. Have fun! This is probably one of the most important things to do because people sometimes get caught up in drama that comes up during a con or the stress of getting cosplays done or even if your photo-shoot didn’t go as planned. Don’t stress and just have fun!
So you all have probably heard that Sword Art Online or SAO has been confirmed for a second season! The newer season of SAO will begin with Kirito joining a new game called Gun Gale Online or GGO. The weapons in GGO would be different from the previous series. In both Sword Art Online and ALfeim used swords and magic but Gun Gale Online would be using guns as their weapons. It has been confirmed that it will be airing in July 2014 so SAO fans, it’s time to ready the popcorn and snacks to watch the newest season!
It hasn’t been confirmed as of yet but after the newer season of SAO there could even be a third one coming out as well!
So the summer might be kicking off with a very good series that has been around for a bit now. If you haven’t watched Sword Art Online, it’s okay, we will fill you in. Pretty much the story goes along the lines of that there is a brand new game and new technology on how to play the game. You have this gear that you put on and insert yourself into the game. Now there were beta testers for this game and they tested it before anyone else. When everyone else bought the game, that’s when things got a little intense.
Apparently, no one could log out of the game. The login button was gone! Now imagine this, you’re stuck in a virtual world without any way of getting out. So they have to fight their way to the final boss, like any other game, to win it. One thing is though, if you die in the game, you die in real life. So not only are you fighting to win, you are fighting for your life from monsters and even evil players that are more interested in killing their fellow gamers than fighting the monsters.
The second part of SAO was ALfeim which was about another game, except the main character, Kirito, had to save his girlfriend, Asuna. Not as intense as the first part but it still was pretty good. The series as a whole has captivated many anime fans for being unique and interesting to watch. The love story between Asuna and Kirito develops very naturally and adds to the whole plot.
Not much is known about the newest season or even the fact that there will possibly be a third season. Though it is speculation, the animators might have something up their sleeve and pull out a third season but for now, every SAO fan should be excited for the newest installment of Sword Art Online. It seems to be a very interesting new development in the series and will hope it doesn’t disappoint!
Here is the trailer to the newest season!: Gun Gale Online
Lets face it, there are tons of new anime that come out on a daily basis and it’s hard to keep up with all of the good ones. Well, I’ve compiled a list of the newest anime out there and ones you should take a look at:
1. Golden Time. Banri Tada has just been accepted into a law school in Tokyo. He goes to this school after being in a traumatic accident in which he loses all of his memories of it and a little bit of what happened before the accident. Sounds like a typical anime right? Someone has amnesia and is going to school is pretty typical but what sets this apart from other anime is that there is an epic love story thrown in! Still typical? Yes but it gets better I swear.
Banri ends up meeting a head-strong girl named Koko Kaga. She is a rich girl that has eyes only for Banri’s new friend, Mitsuo Yanagisawa. Thing is she has been following Mitsuo since she was little, determined to always be with him. Eventually somewhere down the road she falls for Banri and he eventually recovers his memories, realizing he is now regretful of his decisions. It sounds like any other anime but it brings forth comedy, unique characters, and an over-played plot done right! Definitely worth it to check it out.
2. JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. The story is told by the adventures of the Joestars, a powerful family with English roots. The series spans several generations, with each part featuring a descendant of the Joestars as the main character. There are many parts to this series but the art style definitely gives you that old anime feel to it. It is slowly gaining popularity as the story progresses. If you’re into the old anime feel, this anime is for you!
3. My neighbor Seki. The series follows a girl named Rumi Yokoi who is constantly distracted by her neighboring classmate, Toshinari Seki, as he indulges in elaborate hobbies and somehow never gets caught in the process. It is a comedy that makes you want to roll your eyes at how Seki never gets caught. It is really enjoyable and I’m sure you’ll get a kick out of it!
And there you have it! The top three anime that you should be watching. Check out these awesome animes and have a wonderful time laughing, crying, and maybe even singing along to the theme song!
Hello all! I’m here to talk to you about a cosplayer that has taken the cosplay community by storm, especially with her Gasai Yuno cosplay. The cosplayer’s name is Witchiko. Her cosplaying name means “witch” and “ko” meaning “child” in Japanese; and there you have her! Her cosplays aren’t limited to just girls, she also “cross-plays” which is when a female cosplays a boy or when a boy cosplays a girl. With cosplaying, she is able to express herself artistically, just like any other cosplayer. Her cosplays include, Edward Elric from Full Metal Alchemist, Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki, Panty from Panty and Stocking, Inori Yuzuriha from Guilty Crown, and many many more!
Not only is she a cosplayer, she also makes plushies for her many followers and fans!
She even has made her own website so her fans could purchase her many adorable plushies. You can find this lovely cosplayer all over DeviantArt with many likes on her more gore-related pictures. Each of her pictures are carefully edited to make it seem like she is the actual character! When I first saw her Gasai Yuno cosplay I was immediately shocked! I thought she came out of the anime and represented her very well. Gasai Yuno is a “yandere” type so it’s very hard to pull off looking sweet and wanting to murder someone but Witchiko pulls it off fantastically! You can check her out on her deviantart, website, and her facebook! All of her websites or the websites that she’s on features her wonderful cosplays as well as her plushies! Definitely worth it to check her out!
Hello all! I’m here to talk to you about Puella Magi Madoka Magica! Since it came out in 2011 “Madoka” has been taking the anime world by storm! In my opinion I believe that it has become a huge hit as a magical girl anime. Now most would say that it has changed the way magical girl genre animes are made but it still has elements to being a traditional magical girl anime. It is light hearted in the beginning but as you go through the series you start to get attached to the characters; like any other good anime. So far there has been one movie that has been released and has made it big within the fandom.
Many people claim it has changed their views on what “typical” magical girl animes are done. It has dark aspects to it as well as life lessons thrown in there to keep the viewers coming back for more! I believe (and hope) more people will check out this enjoyable, sweet yet dark, anime. It has a very friendship type of feel to it. Every age of anime fans will be capitivated by the art-style which is something that has not been done before. Taking a closer look at even the eyes of each character, it has a rough sketch type of look to it. Each character has their own quirks and little things that make them special. This anime is definitely unique to the magical girl scene with it’s cut-out type of battles that go on throughout the series.
This anime is definitely worth it to check out for all types of fans, not just magical girl fans!